Global tumor ablation market is expected to reach US $1.9 billion by 2025, according to the latest research available at Market Study Report LLC, report provides extensively data on market share, growth, trends and forecasts for the period 2018-2025.
For the uninitiated, tumor ablation is a minimally invasive treatment that is used to destroy liver tumors without removing them. This technique is often useful for patients with few small tumors or when surgery is not viable due to decreased liver function or poor health condition. These techniques are also used for patients seeking liver transplants. When it comes to treating solid cancers, tumor ablation is a minimally invasive surgical method compared to conventional procedures.
The technique utilizes special probes to either freeze or burn the cancer without having to surgically remove it. Procedures like Ultrasound (US), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) or Computed Tomography (CT) are used to guide and place the needle probe into the tumor. Cancers that are treated using this method include lung cancer, kidney (renal) cancer, and liver cancer. The technique can also be used to treat other cancers, given the tumor cells are accessible and of appropriate size.
The key factors driving global tumor ablation market growth include:
- The rising prevalence of various forms of cancer, technological advancements in the field of tumor ablation for cancer treatment will boost industry share.
- The rising awareness regarding the assorted advantages of ablation procedures compared to traditional surgical procedures will favor market growth.
- The burgeoning number of ablation centers, hospitals, and surgical centers will also support the growth of the tumor ablation market globally.
- Rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries such as cryoablation and radiofrequency ablation owing to their ability to provide faster recovery will enhance procedure adoption.
- The increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries among the growing geriatric population will propel market growth.
- Continual growth in ablation expertise, resulting in the development of innovative and pioneering products would also boost the global tumor ablation market growth.
The report segments the global tumor ablation market on the basis of application, mode of treatment, and type of technology. Based on technology type, the global tumor ablation market is bifurcated into radiofrequency ablation, cryoablation, microwave ablation, and others. In terms of growth, the radiofrequency ablation is anticipated to dominate the global tumor ablation market due to its ability to fix target tissues without damaging the healthy cells. Meanwhile, microwave ablation technology is projected to experience rapid growth in the near future, attributable to the increasing adoption of microwave tumor ablation by healthcare specialists.
Request sample copy of this Report@ https://www.marketstudyreport.com/request-a-sample/1695084/
Based on the mode of treatment, the market is further bifurcated into surgical ablation, percutaneous ablation, and laparoscopic ablation. Additionally, the market is categorized into liver cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, bone metastasis, and others based on the application landscape. Lung cancer is estimated to witness accelerated growth over the forecast period, owing to the increasing cases of lung cancer paired with high private as well as government investment for developing new lung cancer ablation products.
The competitive landscape of the global tumor ablation market includes distinguished industry players like St. Jude Medical Inc., EDAP TMS S.A., BVM Medical Ltd., AngioDynamics Inc., SonaCare Medical LLC, BTG International Ltd., Boston Scientific Corp., Medtronic plc., and Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corp. among others. Profiles of these companies have also been detailed in the report under business overview, product benchmarking, financials, and recent developments. These companies are progressively launching new products in an effort to meet evolving patient demand and enhance their position in the business space.